SSB interview is a mandatory phase to be crossed by every candidate aspiring to be a commissioned officer in Indian Armed Forces. SSB interview is a process that spans over five days and is conducted by three different officers i.e. an interviewing officer (IO), a Group Testing officer ( GTO ) and a Psychological officer .
In Trishul Defence Academy the classes for SSB Interview runs under the guidance of our SSB Guru – Wing Cdr. Anoop Mehrotra who himself is an Ex NDA and Ex GTO officer . Other than a GTO officer Trishul provides SSB classes by Col. Pankaj Mehrotra ( Ex. NDA , Ex. Interviewing officer) & Group Captain A.K Maini. (Psychological officer)
The Schedule of the Classes is as below
|Day 1||Introduction to SSB and Officer Like Quality. (OLQ)|
|Day 2||Psychological Test TAT|
|Day 3||Psychological Story Writing TAT|
|Day 4||Psychological Word Association Test WAT|
|Day 5||Psychological Situation Reaction Test SRT|
|Day 6||Self Description Test|
|Day 7||Verbal / Non-Verbal Reasoning & PPDT Screening|
|Day 8||GTO Ground Visit|
|Day 9||Group Testing-Group Discussion|
|Day 10||Group Planning Exercise + Group Discussion|
|Day 11||Progressie Group Task (Model)|
|Day 12||Balance of Group Testing|
|Day 13||Interview Technique|
|Day 14||PPDT Practice|
|Day 15||GTO Ground Visit|
Note: Lecturette and Group Discussions are Done Every Day
Courses @ Trishul Defence Academy
SSB Interview Programme
|Duration||Course Name / Code||Form Charge||Course Fee*||Total Amount|
|21 Days + 1 Year Membership||SSB Crackers /
|21 Days||SSB Parakaram /
|SSB Classes are only available at Prayagraj (Allahabad) branch.|
- Screening test is done on the very first day of SSB Interview.
- Screening test includes Reasoning test, OIR (officer intelligence rating) test & PPDT ( picture perception and description test).
- In Trishul Defence Academy preparation for OIR and Reasoning are given by our experts along with PPDT preparation on Smart Board.
- Screening is done by Wing Cdr. Anoop Mehrotra sir itself as he was a cross-trained psychological officer in 19 SSB Board Allahabad.
- Second day of the interview i.e. Psychological test includes TAT( thematic Appreciation test), WAT( Word association test), SDT ( self Description test) and SRT ( situation reaction test).
- Classes for psychological test are taken by our expert officers.
- Preparation for WAT and TAT is done through projectors.
- Separate classes for SDT are provided
- Assignments with more than hundreds of questions based on different situations are provided for the preparation of situation reaction test (SRT).
- Third and Fourth day of the interview i.e. Group tasks conducted by GTO includes nine different tasks.
- GTO classes are taken by our SSB Guru Wing Cdr. Anoop Mehrotra ( Ex. GTO officer).
- Daily Classes on Lecturette and Group Discussions are provided.
- Various group tasks at our own GTO ground situated at Phaphamau with commutation facility.
- Training for each obstacle for Group task is given by Wing Cdr. Anoop Mehrotra sir. Ten Obstacles: Single Ramp, Double Barrel, Balancing Beam, Screen Jump, Burma Bridge, Tarzan Swing, Double Platform Jump, Double Ditch, Commando Walk, Tiger Leap are Briefed by Ex. GTO Officer Wing Commander Anoop Mehrotra.
Personal Interview Programme lays high emphasis on improving communication skills of students. This programme works on students to improve their spoken English skills & soft skills so that they can communicate effectively in various situations and will also help them to face the SSB Interview confidently.
- Within 2 - 4 day of SSB personal interview of the candidates is taken by the interviewing officer
- Classes on personal Interview is taught by Col. Pankaj Mehrotra sir who was an Interviewing officer in many SSB Boards.
- High emphasis is laid on improving the communication skill of the candidate as well as on improving their personality.
- Interview sessions are extensive and highly result oriented.
- Mock Interviews are taken by Col. Pankaj sir itself.
These sessions are extensive, result oriented and are conducted by highly experienced trainers. It also includes a mentoring program that has been institutionalised to counsel them on key attitudes that they need to focus so as to become an effective leader in future, also inculcate moral values that help them lead a disciplined life.